THE NUTCRACKER 2021
Before deciding to audition please read the following:
This is a short version of what will be in our digital information packet
- We have 10 weekends to rehearse and we rehearse Sat/Sun afternoons.
- Weekend #1 is Oct 2nd/3rd. We have rehearsals the weekend before and after Fall Break (Oct 16/17 & 23/24), but not on Thanksgiving Weekend (Nov 27/28).
- All dancers will get at least two parts in the show. The older and more advanced the dancer, the more likely she will be coming multiple times over the weekend. The younger the dancer, the more we try to keep them to just one afternoon per weekend.
- Performances are December 18th and 19th. Dress rehearsal at the theater is December 17th. Dress rehearsal at the studio is December 11th. Pictures are December 12th.
- All dancers must be currently taking ballet and all must be in Kd or older. Grades 5th and older must have taken ballet last year.
- At this time we are planning to perform live in a theater and currently have Legend High School booked, but if restrictions change we will be prepared to switch it to a filmed version if absolutely necessary.
- Auditioning does not mean you are required to participate: If you are not sure participating is right for you, our suggestion is to come to the auditions. After auditions are over and cast, you will get to see the general rehearsal schedule and all the details, then you can decide if you would like to participate.
- The Performance Fee is $300 (can be split in two payments). This covers all 10 studio rehearsals, the dress rehearsal at the theater, a free T shirt, and all costume fittings and costumes. Tickets, pictures, dvd’s, shoes and tights are extra.
Online audition forms must be submitted prior to the auditions:
- If you plan to audition, do not forget to fill out your online audition form BEFORE auditions start
- Please arrive 15-30mins before your scheduled audition time to check in. All check ins will happen outside in the green studio doors.
- During check in you will receive your number and pay your $10 cash audition fee (please bring exact change if possible to help speed up our check in process!)
- Only dancers will be allowed in the studio for the actual auditions.
- Students will be released through the Yellow Studio side door after auditions have finished.
- All students not on pointe will be asked to put their ballet shoes on before entering the studio and must leave their dance bags in the car.
- Pointe level dancers should come in with their flat shoes on and their pointes in hand. Please do not bring more than the pointe bags and a water bottle, they will bring all of their stuff into the yellow studio with them.
- Audition Attire: students should wear their weekly practice ballet attire, hair in a neat clean bun (choice of French twist for pointe level dancers is also welcome). For our older students auditioning please remember that a clean face and a little make up can go a long way!
THIS YEAR, ALL AUDITIONS WILL BE HAPPENING ON SATURDAY THE 11TH.
AT THIS TIME, THERE WILL BE NO SUNDAY THE 12TH AUDITIONS
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th, 2021
Registration 15-30 min. before audition time, $10 cash fee. Online audition forms must be submitted prior to the auditions. Students will check in and receive an audition number. All dancers should arrive with hair in a bun and wearing their weekly ballet practice attire.
The digital information packet will be released with audition results
10:00am-12:00pm: Pointe dancers, 8th grade and older
Registration begins at 9:30am. A barre warm up on flat will be included in this audition. Students should plan to arrive at 9:30am to warm themselves up in the Green Studio prior to the start of auditions.
For pointe dances and soloist roles. Snow Queen, Dew Drop, Dolls, Maids, Mouse Queen, Pointe Soldier Soloists, Snow, Snow Soloists, Pointe Angels, Spanish, Marzipan, Russian, Arabian, Chinese, Pointe Bakers, and Flowers.
12:00-12:45pm: Sugar Plum Fairy
Sugar Plum is open to Juniors or Seniors who have done at least one Nutcracker with us (if you are younger and want to audition, please see Ms. Lexie) and you must know the variation at the audition and be prepared to perform it for us. Dancers auditioning for Sugar Plum must attend the 10-12pm audition as well.
Sugar Plum auditions will happen alphabetically and potentially in pairs. This audition will be filmed.
1:45-2:30pm: Kd-4th grade.
Registration begins at 1:15pm
Little/Big/Mama Mice, Gingerbreads, Chefs, Bakers, Baby Divertissements, Little Angels, Crystals, Icicles, Chinese, Arabian, Flower Buds.
2:30-3:30pm: 5th grade and older (including all dancers not on pointe yet)
Registration begins at 2:00pm. There will be no warm up during this audition time, and we will be looking at flexibility, so please arrive at the studio no later than 2:30pm to prepare and warm up in the Green Studio.
Party girls/boys, Soldiers, Clara’s Friends, Spanish, Arabian, Marzipan, Russian, Chinese, Flower Garlands, Flower Buds, Icicles.
Registration begins at 3:30pm.
This year, we will be holding an open call audition for the role of Fritz, for our production of The Nutcracker. This audition is open to any boy, age 9-12yrs old, that enjoys acting and pretending to be an annoying little brother! No dance experience necessary.
Callbacks with Clara will be from 4:15-4:45pm. All auditioning must fill out an audition form, pay the audition fee of $10, and receive a number.
Must be 6th grade or older and must also be trying out for other parts and must have done AT LEAST one Nutcracker with us. Please learn the little solo Clara does with her Nutcracker doll (we will review it in class). If you are on pointe, please wear your pointe shoes.
Hair: We would like to see you with your hair down in a half pony if possible but not required.
Students auditioning for Clara will keep their same number as the earlier audition and do not need to re-register or re-pay. During the break between auditions students are welcome to stay and utilize the pink studio to have a snack, change their hair, and practice before the audition starts.